Monday, January 19, 2009

So we found out we are pregnant!

After just three months of trying, J and I found out on Friday during lunch that we are pregnant! I couldn't be happier. I wished Joe had seemed a bit more excited, but I guess it was a lot to take in. There is a difference between saying we are ready and actually having the facts face us straight in the eye sitting on the sink pedestal. Hopefully when he gets home tonight, his excitement will be a bit more obvious.

I spent the weekend of the news with my sister and mother. They both seemed happy, but not the way I am...jumping from the mountain tops and shouting that I am pregnant. I have been told since I was 15 that I will be a great mother. I am just so excited and I want the few people that know to be just as excited.

We have our first appointment with the nurse practitioner on the 29th and our first ultra sound on the 19th. I am excited for both and glad that J will be coming with me. I want to be involved at every step of the way.

As for things that are happening to my body - my breasts are tender, my sense of smell is crazy high and I am hungry - all the time. I am already bored with what to drink though. Its going to be a long many months!

No comments:

Post a Comment